What you need for the pattern?
- a hook in a size you like to fish with it, for me it's a Partridge Absolut Predator in 4/0. It's a heavy wire barbless hook with a big eye what I really like
- some Bucktail, to give the streamer more shape
- Flash, to be honest nearly all flies need some flash :)
- Big fly fibers, to give the movement and shape
- Craft fur, to give even more movement
- a head and/or eyes, I use a ProSportfisher soft head, that's easy to use and gives a nice shape and more "jigging" effect
Start with the flash and a small bunch of big fly fibers, i use only the curly part in the back to get the volume there:
Cover it with bucktail in a color you like
I use the rest of the big fly fibers now to give a nice color contrast:
Some more bucktail:
And the head is out of craft fur in a loop to give a big head and moving fibers around:
I cover all with the head (or also just eyes and epoxy)
Of course there have to be added some eyes
Here a bunch of some streamers which are already just waiting for next month!